Monday, July 4, 2011

So much for promises

I promises to try and write more, and here it is almost a month later.  Sorrrryyyyy.  Not much has changed since my last post.  Which is good.  Stable is good.

So, I got baptized.  I was sprinkled as a baby, but wanted to renew my vows to God.  So I was dunked in a big blow up pool in front of my church.  I hadn't felt that alive in a long time.  It was good.

And it's the 4th of July!  We usually go on a "staycation" at Paradise Point in Mission Bay.  Usually, they have a big bbq and carnival and a big fireworks show on July 3.  Then, on July 4, we could just walk a couple of blocks to the beach and watch Sea World fireworks.  And the resort cancelled it this year.  Something about environmental issues with the fireworks and the water in the bay.  Which is disgusting anyway, so I don't get it.  But there is a place about a mile away in our neighborhood where you can see up the entire coast when it's clear, and usually, there are about 15 places doing fireworks at the same time, and they are all synchronized.  It's so cool.  I've heard the city cancelled them all, but who knows.  I guess we'll find out at 9:00 p.m.

Kassy and Ryan are helping cook dinner.  She has recovered from her nightmare infection, after 5 visits to the ER in a week.

We are getting ready for our summer vacation in the mountains.  GrayEagleLodge.com  Check it out.  Ken's entire family will be there for the first weekend.  There are 18 of us.  It's been a long time since everyone has been together.  We tried to do the family reunion last year, but I ended up in the hospital 2 days before we were supposed to leave.  I was devastated.  Charlie's ashes are there, and I feel closer to him when I'm there.  But - everyone is able to come again this year, and I'm so excited.  Cody is going to meet cousins he's never met.

So, until next time, God is love.

Pam

p.s.  I lost a friend to cancer last week.  It happened so fast.  But I got to say goodbye before she went Home, and I am forever grateful.  See you later, Connie Jo.  See you later.  Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment