Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's been too long

If I wrote every week, then it wouldn't take so long to update.  Let's see, what has happened in the last month...

I got another PET scan, and the comparison to the PET scan from 3 months ago looked so good!  All tumors were less active, with no new growths.  And my catecholamine levels are at the lowest they've been in 3 years.  All that with no chemo.  My only treatment was prayer.  And medicinal THC, which has been written up in a surprising amount of medical journals as being effective in killing cancer cells, including breast, prostate, and the kind I have, pheochromocytoma.  So put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Please vote to legalize in November.

Our Vegas trip was awesome.  We had a lot of fun.  Played in the pool, shopped, gambled a little bit, and saw Chriss Angel.  My nephew was called up on the stage, so that was totally worth it.  We also got to spend the 4th of July at Paradise Point with some friends.  The resort has a big bbq and a little carnival for the kids.  The fireworks were amazing.  Unfortunately, we missed our annual trip to the mountains...

A few weeks ago, I went to bed with a headache, and woke up freezing and puking in the middle of the night.  The next day I was admitted to the hospital with severe kidney and blood infections.  Great.  We were scheduled to fly out 2 days later.  We didn't make it.  I was so depressed, I think it took longer for me to get well.  I still get sad if I think about it too long.  But Ken was able to get reservations at the Awahnee(?) in Yosemite in October. It will be cold, but it will be so great to see it again.  I went every year for my birthday until I was 18.  I've only been back once.  Ken's parents are camp hosts there at that time also, so we will see them.

Cody is back in school, and Kassy starts in a week.  I'm looking forward to a very boring rest of the summer.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Please continue!

God is love.

NIH article on marijuana

No comments:

Post a Comment