Sunday, September 12, 2010

Countdown to Ken's Game Room

[Here is another draft that was never finished or published, but it's kinda funny. Read and smile like I did.]


Sunday, September 12:

6:45 am:  Ken wakes up to fly out of town for business.  I sleep.
7:15 am:  Ken wakes me up to find his garment bag.  In his closet.
7:30 am:  Ken can't find his black belt.  It's not the 3 that I find.  He finds it.
7:45 am:  Ken leaves.  I start preparing for surprise make over of dining room into Ken's Game Room.
7:50 am:  I stop and eat breakfast.
10:00 am:  Trip to Home Depo for painting supplies.
11:15 am:  Back to Home Depo for boxes to pack up dining room hutch.
12:00 pm:  Open package and slam paint tray into my face.  Cry.  Ice my nose.
12:15 pm:  Move furniture out of dining room and top of hutch falls backwards and crashes into my knee.  Cussing.  Scratched and bruised.  Ice my knee.
1:00 pm:  Start painting wall with wrong color.  Switch to next wall.  Start painting the wrong color.  Again.  Cussing.
3:00 pm:  Send Kassy to Home Depot for more tape and brushes.
3:30 pm:  Slam my head into garage door moving PacMan arcade table out of Josh's truck.  Cry.  Ice.
4:00 pm:  Kids playing ball in the house and break huge vase with potpourri.
7:30 pm:  Finish painting and swear to hire painters next time.
9:00 pm:  Crash while reading to Cody.

--  fade to black --

Monday, Sept. 13

7:00 am:  Stumble downstairs to feed Cody and get him to school.  Can't move my fingers from painting.  Too sore.
7:10 am:  Look at Game Room and notice we need another coat of paint.  nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment